.

Sunday 4 August 2013

Behind-The-Seams: Hand-Beaded Lace Accessories

My most recent blog posts have been about makeup artistry, but of course that is only one half of my business! So I thought that it would be good to do a blog post about some of the bridal lace pieces I have been working on over the past couple of months. I have been working on a beautiful new collection of lace accessories, with hair combs, bracelet cuffs, head bands and necklaces included in my designs. My next blog post will be showcasing the entire collection, but this time round, you get to have a sneak peak behind the scenes... 

My hands have been busy sewing for hours at a time, with a few finger-prick casualties along the way.  Youch!

Hand-beaded accessories using lace motifs

These exquisite pieces have been created using a range of different materials and embellishments, including lacework, feathers, seed beads, pearls, crystals, and diamontes. Each piece can take anywhere between 4 - 18 hours to finish, depending on the complexity and size of the design. Each bead is individually stitched in place, and no two designs are the same.

I also have the pleasure of creating bespoke pieces for clients who have an idea in mind for an accessory, but need me to make it come to life for them.
  
Feathers, Lace & Seed Beads

Starting out with the basics: Seed Beads, Lace Motifs & Feathers to add a bit of flare.



 1. Choose a lace motif for the base.   2. Stitch on Rhinestone Embellishments.


3. Stitch in additional pearls and seed beads.

4. Add ribbon for the neck tie and a few more rhinestones, and.... 

Voilá! A stunning necklace completed! 

bridal lace statement necklace with rhinestones and pearls


bridal lace statement necklace

This necklace would perfectly complement an elegant silk gown or wedding dress that isn't too busy. Statement necklaces like this one look fabulous with a strapless neckline, as it adds the perfect embellishment to a bare decolletage!

STAY TUNED: I will be launching my brand new lace-inspired collection in the coming weeks! There will be lots of beautiful pieces to choose from and gorgeous photographs to inspire your wedding.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Please leave a friendly comment :)