.

Sunday 19 February 2012

Even Celebs Have Flaws

Hey friends,
I was thinking about some ideas for what I could write for my next blog when this thought popped into my head... I think we are so quick to judge and put-down ourselves when we look at all of the amazingly trim, taught and terrific celebrity women out there. Let's face it, we don't flip through gossip mags for a quick feel-good pick-me-up...The stories in there are hardly ever desirable. More often than not (and I think I speak for most when I say this), we pick up a mag and turn the pages, "ooohing and ahhhing", wishing and wanting to be thinner....prettier....more stylish, with personal makeup artists and hair/clothing stylists on hand, so we could look just as good as those airbrushed "celebrities" out there who seem to have it all in the beauty department. It's not exactly a feel-good read, is it??
Hence why I decided to write this blog....to reassure us all that even celebs have their flaws too.
This is in no way meant to be malicious or nasty toward celebrity women- none of us like to have close-ups taken of our pores, scars and wrinkles, but I have decided to put up some images to illustrate my point- No one is perfect, even though that's often how we view those in the lime-light....Every human struggles with insecurities and flaws at some point along their journey.


At times, clients have viewed themselves after having had their makeup done and they still feel insecure about their scars or pores. These are things we unfortunately cannot change about ourselves (unless of course you have enough dosh to visit a very good cosmetic surgeon), so what I try to teach my clients is to look past that. Only YOU see your face EVERYDAY. You pick up when a tiny new wrinkle has appeared on your once non-existant crows-feet...or when another freckle has popped up after some summer-loving. The truth is, when I see you and have had the privilege to "make-over" your face, the end product is BEAUTIFUL. It is unique- your face tells the story of the journey that you have been on, and there is absolutely no shame in that. 


Instead of being our own worst enemy and critic, make it a personal challenge today to look past those bits you love-to-hate....After all, chances are none of us notices them like you do anyway. Be confident in your own skin and the REAL beauty will shine through from the inside. Nothing is more beautiful to me than a woman who is comfortable with who she is and isn't afraid to smile and say "Dang I look good!" when she looks in the mirror. :D


Incase you need more convincing, here are those unfortunate close-ups of pores and fine-lines that I mentioned earlier, just to "reassure" you all....










































No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think! Please leave a friendly comment :)